I discovered this post that I wrote a couple of months ago that I never published. So here it is...
I had the privilege of sharing my story at our annual Women's Retreat a couple of weeks ago. Many of the women there knew portions of it - my infertility, my father's illness, some of my struggles with depression, anxiety, and perfectionism. But I was much more vulnerable about the inner me than I have ever been in front of an audience.
I focused on the labels that I wear. Labels that either I have put on myself or adopted from others. It was quite the ordeal to prepare to speak and then to share.
I felt so blessed by the experience. It brought me back to working on my junk, listening to my heart, and reflecting on how far God has brought me and where I need to go next. It was an incredible experience to share with my friends - to connect on a deeper level and speak into each others' lives. I felt blessed to have touched others with my story - for them to hear bits of their stories within mine.
I am always amazed by how God weaves our stories into each others', providing us with meaningful fellowship and community, to learn from each other, to grow together, to challenge each other, and to love and laugh together.
The week after the retreat, I went through a downward spiral again - emotional and physical exhaustion from the retreat coupled with yet more labels I was placing on myself. It is so tiresome to be me sometimes - can I get a U2Me2 anyone?! But through that, God revealed yet another area of my life that I need to closely examine His truth instead of listening to myself.
I feel honored to be on this journey. I feel that the travel conditions right now are extreme - going from dry, dusty deserts to humid, suffocating jungles. But I know that the final destination will be worth it and I will appreciate my Savior's oasis so much more.
Thank you Lord for loving us. For loving us so much that you bother to refine us.
2 comments:
U2ME2! ;)
Okay, so I kept seeing this pic on my blog roll but it was further down the list (which confused me) I kept clicking on your blog but didn't see it. I was checking your profile wondering if it was just your new profile pic but didn't see it there and it was driving me nuts that there seemed to be a post I couldn't find... Finally I decided to click directly on the pic and it brought me straight to the post. The mystery is solved! whew! I was going nuts :)
So now for my comment-
Well I can not give you a U2Me2 cause as you already know I just stuff =/
I loved your talk. It was amazing! SO many women could find themselves in your story and God was clearly at work. It was also amazing to see how much God has grown you. I find it interesting to that I finally found this post this morning but I have been reflecting on " My labels" this week. When you your talk I didn't see myself in most of those labels. Maybe it was because i just did mine and I was in immediate stuff mode or maybe because God was choosing to bring my labels forth at another time. Well the time has come! I just wrote a post about it (still need to publish) and I am ready for you to come home so we can talk about it!!! Hurry up :)
Love you BFF
PS-I am not going to apologize for my insanely long comment because I haven't talked to you in FOREVER!!! I have WAY too much to say :) LOL
So now for my comment.
Post a Comment