Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dancing with Jesus


If you are like me, you often don't go back to others' blogs and read others' comments after you have posted your comment. So that is why I wanted to share a comment from my last post from one of my dear sisters, Joanne.

After reading this comment, I realized that I was still striving to control the situation by trying to trust in Jesus - still ON MY OWN. Here is what Joanne shared:

"We all get "caught up" in the moments of trying to control the day.
But Jesus smiles at us, He dances over us. Let's dance along with him and enjoy Him instead of trying to please Him. The truth is He IS PLEASED.
Today let us remember we are "little girls running bare foot" around our Savior.
Rejoicing with Jesus along with you Heather."


I love that picture and the freedom that comes with letting go. I am so appreciative of Joanne - for her insight, for her nurturing nature, and for the challenges she presents me because she knows my story and my tendencies. Thank you Joanne!

4 comments:

Amber said...

an awesome quote from and awesome women! Thanks for sharing.

Bina said...

Thanks for this sweet reminder that God actually delights in us! What an amazing God!

Zephaniah 3:17 "The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for sharing!

Trujess said...

What beautiful imagery! I read this a while ago on your blog and wanted to comment...why is it so hard to let go and let God?

I pray that as you continue to go through the peaks and valleys of this season that you will do just this dance with Jesus :)