Well, I've made it farther in this pregnancy than I made it with Sam - 2 weeks to be specific. Now whenever my labor starts, I won't have the same worries I had with Sam as far as him being early. I'll just have the usual ones.
I'm finally starting to feel ready to have baby girl - maybe because it is August. Maybe because I am getting tired. Or just a combination of a lot of things. The anticipation is interesting - just knowing that any moment things could get started is different for me this time. Last time it caught me by surprise.
I actually have all of my household cleaning/organizing projects done - with the exception of a few small ones. I have a lot of fun projects I want to do, but none of those have the same urgency. It is an unusual thing for me to feel prepared (in the household realm that is).
The parts I am not feeling prepared for is labor itself. Last time I had taken a class and everything was so fresh in my mind. Even though I have looked over the material, I just don't feel ready for it. We also don't have our names figured out for baby girl. With Sam we waited until after he was born to decide and Chris actually changed his mind about the middle name, so we don't advertise "the name" beforehand. But it felt different since we had reasons for the names we liked and they were very special to us. Now, we are just still trying to get some possibilities down. I feel pressure to have baby girl's name mean something special or symbolize something because Sam's name does, but that may be silly.
Sam woke up yesterday with a fever. While being sad for him that he wasn't feeling well, I was partly excited because that meant I could have him all to myself for a while this week while he recovered. I am just craving time with him as it is - just him and me or in the evenings, just the three of us - since it will change soon.
While we were cuddling on the couch yesterday, Sam's arm was resting against my tummy. Baby girl let out one of her big kicks and he got to feel it. (Normally he won't try to feel her move). Then later on, she rolled and my entire stomach moved - Sam lets out a surprise sound and says, "Oh! Baby sister just moved!" How fun. I can't wait to see him with her.
Anyway, enough for now. I'm off to clean up Sam's sticky fingers after our pancake breakfast.
5 comments:
sweet thoughts about a sweet little girl... SO excited for you!
So proud of you for getting stuff done- I never managed that with mine! Can't wait to meet baby girl!
Have you guys thought much about the name "Desdemona"? Or if you want some biblical ones, you could go for Eunice, Dorcas, Euodia, or Syntyche.
Just sayin...
I think you should disregard the suggestions on names - go with mine, maybe Jezebel, or Agatha. Two of my personal favorites. I'm glad you're enjoying some good time with Sam. It does change, but it gets sweeter...
What would be wrong with naming her Amber?!?!?
Post a Comment