Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sam-tastic!

I figured it was time to write a few things down before I forget again! Especially with another one on the way.

* The other day we were watching some tv show and the person said, "Fantastic!" Sam giggled and said, "Sam-tastic!?" It was so cute and I have decided to use that word instead.

* Not sure how mom feels about this one, but dad was sure proud. Last night they were fishing with Jeff & his son Judd. When a fish was caught, Jeff asked Judd if he wanted to knock it out - Judd didn't want to touch it. Sam apparently yells, "I will" and runs over and beats the fish with the hammer. Yucky if you ask me, but his fisherman daddy was oh so proud. And Sam was quite pleased to demonstrate for mommy when he got home...

* Whenever Sam forgets something, he says, "Oh, my got!" and then runs off to do it. He says that to us too - "Mom, you got!!!"

* He has been such a sweet little caregiver of mom as I slow down during this last month of pregnancy. Days after Sam had been sick with a fever, he would come up to me while I was resting and feel my forehead & neck and say, "Mama, you're hot!" Then he would touch my eyelids and say, "Your eyes are hot!" and my nose, and my mouth, etc. He gives all my scratches kisses and rubs my back. Such a sweetie!

* He is starting to play a little more independently and has been coloring a lot - I set up a desk for him in the laundry room where my crafts are. He loves to go in there and color.

I am excited to see him as a big brother!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Saying Sam-tastic and being Mommy's caregiver- CUTE!

Beating the fish- Not so cute!

Love ya