
* Is starting to grasp basic reading concepts. His favorite thing to spell is in our title: his name. He recognizes many words, signs, and knows his letter sounds.
* His drawings are starting to take shape. This past week, I have seen a recognizable stick figure, numerous trees, and various letters and shapes. Usually the letters and shapes are by accident. He is scribbling and sees something familiar and names it. He is getting good at tracing letters and numbers.
* He is getting more aggressive with other kids. He used to be the kid where someone would look at him or barely touch him and he'd freak out. Now he is the one in everyone's face.
* He likes to boss people around. Whitney and Ryan, don't even bother saying it. I already know where he got that trait!
* He is still an awesome eater. His favorite food right now is curry and he can handle more spice than his mama.

* He still loves his little sister, but is now trying to get away with pushing her around when mom isn't looking, like sitting on her in the guise of "playing" or yelling directly in her face.
* He loves music and is getting pretty good at strumming on Daddy's ukelele.
Current Conversations:
* After we read a bible story about Jesus, Sam looks at Kate and then at Chris and I ans says, "Next time can we have a baby like Jesus?"

* Sam to Mommy: "I love you."
Mommy: "I love you."
Sam: "I love you too."
* "Thanks Mom. I really appreciate that." Could be something as simple as handing him a snack or giving him a hug.
* "Can I play Mindiana Joe's?" (translation: Lego Indiana Jones on the XBox)
* "I'm gonna boom ya!" (translation: shoot. It is apparently an innate trait in the male species to turn everything into a gun or other type of weapon.)
* After reading a bible story about Adam & Eve and discussing sin with him, he now likes to tell us, "I was sinful" or my favorite, "I was just sinning a little bit". We're still waiting for the conviction part to kick in - dear Lord, please!
* Everything is a "skill". For instance, "Hey Mom, look at my ukelele skills." or "Do you wanna see my Kate feeding skills?"

Every day is an adventure with this one.
3 comments:
Laughing out loud all through this one... You capture Sam so well with pics and your anecdotes... Love 'em!
Great Post! Love that Kid :)
Such a cutie!!
Post a Comment