Sunday, August 1, 2010

Can Anybody Hear Me?

Lately I have really been struggling more with depression and anxiety. I feel burdened and overwhelmed by all the little things and the big things going on in my life.

During this time, my spiritual life has felt dry and routine. Have you heard that song by Meredith Andrews called, Can Anybody Hear Me? I heard it several weeks ago driving and her lyrics hit me as exactly where I was. Here are a few of those:

Can anybody hear me?
The silence is deafening
Why do you feel so far away...

I know that you can hear me...
Even though you seem far away.
And I know you're here with me...
nothing can separate me from your love...

A great song that has spoken to where I am at right now. There is a lot more to this story, but I originally started writing this post um...on 7/14 (yikes!) so I am just going to post it now. If you are dying to know the "rest of the story", you will just have to call me because after my next post, I am going unplugged for a week - no Facebook, no blogs, no emails, no TV.



No comments: