Wednesday, November 17, 2010

it's been a while.

so, it has been way too long since I have posted.

much has been going on - I have been coasting and not really engaging into a lot of the thoughts, lessons, struggles, triumphs that life has brought me this fall. I hate it when I go through seasons like this, but it is part of the way I do things, I guess.

another reason that I have been absent is that blogging can sometimes become more than just an obsession for me...it can be an idol in my life. i spent my days going through life and in my head, i am blogging about everything going on. not uncommon, I know. but when I fail to really live in the moment because I am too busy blogging that moment, or thinking about what others will think when they read about that moment, I know it is time to step back.

i have been wanting to start back up, but I am hesitant. i have spent way too much time blog surfing this week and I am not sure if I am want to blog for myself or for attention. i always have this desire to have pure motives, but I have to be honest that I live in a fallen world and I am a sinner. therefore, my motives will never be 100% pure. so I am cautiously stepping back into the blogging mode and we'll see if I can keep it under check.


5 comments:

Amber said...

I enjoy reading your posts so much and have missed them. Though I do understand why you step away and think it is very honorable. I love you and hope blogging this time around is a blessing to you and others who read it.

Rachel said...

Amber took the words right out of mouth-or hands since I'm typing. I miss you're blogging but I understand.

Bina said...

I miss your blogging! But I know what you mean. But blogging can be very helpful too. Praying that you find a good balance. Love, B

traquel said...

Hey Heather!!
I don't know how long it has been since I saw you, but I know it hasn't been long since I thought of you. I just wanted to tell you I am praying for your family. From your blog and Whitney's blog, too, I understand you have had some pretty intense trials for quite some time!!! I am so sorry. You have such a great family and I wish the best for all of you!! Please give them my love!! Happy Holidays!
Traquel (Jones) Dayley

Whitney said...

Love you Heather! Can't wait to see you soon.