For some time now I have been aware of issues that I need to work on, lessons that God is teaching me, and areas of needed growth. But I easily get discouraged because I feel like there is too much and I am not sure where to go first. It is then that I can give up or get so frustrated that I, in essence, remain paralyzed in worry.
I realized yesterday that I have been sabotaging myself. I have been telling myself in those discouraging moments that it is no use - I've failed before and will fail this time, that I will always remain overwhelmed and won't be able to get past these issues, or get closer to God.
What I am failing to do during those times is focus on who God is and what He wants for me.
God's word shows me that God wants a relationship with me. He also wants me to grow in Christ's likeness. AND He has said that He will never leave or forsake me. So therefore, if I am willing, God will help me to grow closer to Him and will work on changing those areas that He has shown me need changing.
So instead of trying to analyze which area I should work on first or sit idly by in frustration, I just need to seek God's presence and trust that He'll guide my next steps. May seem elementary to most of you, but this is a lesson that I seem to never quite grasp completely.
Lord, I am willing. Change me. Grow me. Please! Pretty please with sugar on top.
5 comments:
super big hugs. You are so encouraging to me Heather!
Ooooo, I'm sorry your feeling overwhelmed w/ this. BIG hugs from me too!
Thanks for your honesty, and for being an example of battling lies with God's truth!
I know we don't know each other but I want you to know I am praying for you. I have recently been listening to this sermon series and have been incredibly blessed by it, maybe it can help you along the journey as well.
http://kvalentina.wordpress.com/2009/04/03/unbelief/
Praying for you today. To trust the promises of God.
Our relationship with God can be so overwhelming. Overwhelming that my human mind cannot comprehend it at times. But, you said in perfect: He just wants us in His presence.
mar
Post a Comment