Wednesday, June 10, 2009

To my children...

Baby girl, your energy amazes me. I gave you a new nickname yesterday - Pinball. You were moving around so much and in such a way that the first picture that came to my mind was a pinball bouncing back and forth against whatever it encounters in the machine.

I can't wait to meet you. As I am surrounded by pictures of myself growing up here at Grandma's and looking at all the faces of my nieces and nephews, I wonder what you will look like? Will you look like me? Will you look like your daddy? What will your personality be like? I can't wait to meet you and see how Sam interacts with you. He loves his little cousins so much and talks all the time about you.

I wonder when you will come - will you be the early bird like your brother? Or will you take your time and come when expected?

Samuel, you are such a joy and a challenge these days. I am constantly amazed at your development, both physically and mentally and your ability to learn from a situation and figure out a way around Mommy's rules.

Things that I have cherished lately are...

* You include baby sister in all your talks of our family. Mommy, are you and baby going to go lay down? My love daddy, mommy, and baby. This gives me a lot of joy and hope that you will adjust well to life as a big brother.

* You are such a sweetie lately. You love to give me hugs and tell me how much you love me. And as the little recorder that you are, you often say it in my language. You tell me, My love you too sweetie. Or come up and hug me saying, Oh honey. It is so precious.

* Your memory amazes me. I need you to give some to me since mine isn't the best these days. Last night when we went to the assisted living home to pick up great-grandma, you remarked, I came here with Marlys (you had only been there once before). And then immediately when you walked in the door, you told me that you wanted to go play with the balls and then proceeded to show me where there was a pool table with balls on it.

* You are starting to recognize letters and words. You had visited Gold's Gym in Everett with Jean to see Grandma & Grandpa a few weeks ago. Then last week, we drove past the one in Mukilteo. The only thing that is the same is the sign. You called out - Mommy, that's a gym. Just like Grandma and Grandpa's.

* You are starting to play so much more like a little boy. It is fun to see you interacting more with your friends and your cousins and actually playing together.

* You are starting to be able to communicate better. You were able to tell me that your tummy hurt the other day for the first time, instead of just crying or whining. That will be such a big help for mommy.

* You were such a comfort to me the other day when I was really sad about Papa. You cuddled with me and cooperated.

There are so many more - I wish that I could record them all.

I feel so blessed to have you both and can't wait to live the memories of you two together.

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Amber said...

aaaaaaaaah :)

Abbey said...

Okay, I don't even have pregnancy hormones to blame for tearing up... So sweet!

Trujess said...

I love the nickname pinball! Super cute. I hope it sticks even after she is born. Maybe she is going to be the next olympic champion...well maybe not the next one since she'd only be fourish...but still!