Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Going through the motions...

You know those days when you are driving home and you get there and think, "How did I get home?  I don't remember driving here!?"

Well, that is how I feel my whole life has been this past month or so.  I'm not sure how I got here.  This past spring was full of intense reflection, counseling, and discovery and this summer has been...well, I don't know how it has been.

Don't get me wrong - I've enjoyed the fun times, but I just feel so disconnected with God, myself, my hubby, my family, and my friends.  I've been going through the motions and I want to stop and be fully in the moment again.

How?  Who knows?  I'm spending more time in the Word and in prayer again and little things such as blogging more frequently and conversations will hopefully help snap me out of it!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I know that feeling and I'm sorry you've been feeling it all to much lately. I think your taking the right steps to snap out of it and I'm sure God will honor that. Always praying for you girl.

Abbey said...

Also praying for the clouds to lift in your life...For God's assurance, truth, and peace to be so real for you...

Anonymous said...

First, thank you for the wonderful birthday card! It made made my day and really touched my heart. You are a great friend, Heather.

Second, every time I finally realize I've been on auto pilot, God does something incredible and amazing in the near future. Maybe this is His way of prepping us for things that we wouldn't see otherwise. I don't know, but I bet something awesome is on the way! I'll be praying for eyes to see...

Heather said...

I hope so Jos! Thanks guys!

Amber said...

I just love Jos' outlook. I'm gonna miss that girl.

hmmmmmm, I'm wondering what that incredibly thing might be...I have a couple guess' :)

Trujess said...

I felt like that alot this month too Heather...and this week especially...I stopped caring for a little while and it is only by God's grace that I drove to work every morning...my husband snapped me out of it...but man...its amazing how much life we can miss. I love you girl. You encourage me so much. You notice little things that noone else does. Thank you for being there for me!