Our weekend started out with our fun plans with friends getting cancelled. Chris and I were both pretty bummed. Rather than stay home feeling sorry for ourselves, we decided to get out of the house and went camping at White River on Rainier.
It ended up being a fun weekend. Saturday we found a site, and then went and expored Sunrise, then hung out at the site. Sam slept well in the tent (without a pack and play!) and it just felt good to be out and about and do some hiking. Here are some pictures. The picture I wish I got, but didn't, was the hike Chris took Sam and I on yesterday. We started hiking up Glacier Basin which a good portion of it was washed out in 2006, so the trail was replaced by fallen trees, rocks, and small creeks. Chris had Sam on his shoulders and went from rock to rock. Yikes. He didn't slip once, but I did and got one foot and calf drenched in the cold water.
Sam was so tired, he slept the whole 2/12 hour drive home.




All in all, even though it wasn't the weekend we'd originally hoped for, it turned out to be special!
10 comments:
Nice! Sounds like a great weekend away, and looks like a fantastic place to escape
ps - I didn't die.
I LOVE that first pic of Sam...So cute!!! Glad you guys had a good time. I do have to ad however that you made blogging history today. YOU HAVE A TYPO!!! Te he! I am so excited I thought I would never see the day let alone catch it myself. See if you can find it :)
Gee, hoepfully i'm not wrong :(
I found it!
Glad you had a good weekend...looks like a fun time and a good excuse to wear REI clothes. Love the pics....especially the 1st one of Sam!
I'm sure it isn't my first typo, nor will it be my last.
And hey, how do you guys know that I didn't mean 2/12 of an hour?!
My REI clothes did me proud this weekend Carrie!
ahhhhhhhh... LOL! their must be 2 typo's cause I was talking about expored. This is SO making me laugh :)
LOVE the pics Heather... You are all making me laugh about the typo... Such a cool place to explore! Way to be brave and going out... We STILL need to take Sarah camping...
your pictures look like they should be in national geographic or some magazine for sure! Puuuurfect
Love it! Sam looks like he had so much fun and what a beautiful place. We skipped our church camping trip - couldn't quite get the handle on Adeline in freezing tent...
And by the way - I didn't see the typo, but have erased about five just typing my comment.
Love you all.
Those pictures are amazing, really beautiful.
Glad you had a good weekend!
Post a Comment