Friday, December 5, 2008

Continuation

I have been thinking a lot about my previous blog and finally connected some dots...my lack of belief that God will give me good things is a direct result of my lack of belief in his creation.   In a previous post, I shared how I learned that Creation is about God's Story, not my own, but that I struggled to really believe that.  My current struggles are further evidence that I need to expand my belief that I am here for God's Glory, not just to realize my dreams.

Once again that feels freeing to me because I have identified the problem and I can continue on in my journey.  One amazing thing that gives me encouragement is that I am starting to understand and believe that God desires relationship with me.  And if I believe that, what better gift to be given, than a relationship with the Creator of the world?  How then, can I doubt that He wants to give me good things?!

3 comments:

Abbey said...

As usual, you do such a great job of putting to words what I bet a LOT of us are thinking, but maybe just haven't pinpointed...REALLY BELIEVING that it's all about God's story that we get to be a part of, rather than my/our story that we invite God into is so key. I wonder if it begins with the little phrase "Asking God into my heart" when really we might need to think of giving our heart to Him or in His hands (not that a little kid would connect with this as much), which would then focus us outward on Him rather than what He can do for us... Just some initial thoughts...

Whitney said...

Hmmmm... so much to think about. When you consider that the Creator of the Universe wants us to help complete his story - it is humbling and overwhelming. That we could be so loved...

Heather said...

Abbey, we've been having discussions in SFL and beyond about how we communicate "accepting Christ" to others. It has been very interesting. Basically, some argue that we are going about it wrong. We should be starting with Creation and working our way towards the Gospel and then teaching them about submission, therefore, their understanding of "asking God into my heart" is much more grounded in God's story and in our part in it. Very interesting to think about.

And Whit, it is COMPLETELY overwhelming to me too!