Sunday, March 22, 2009

God's Country

While I was in Idaho, I took my mom and co. to the airport very early in the morning. I was channel surfing on the radio on the way back to stay awake and heard a country gospel song and stopped. It was Nothing but the blood of Jesus.

I stayed on that station for a while and found out it is called God's Country. A country station that only plays gospel or inspirational music. Being at home and listening to country music got me reflecting.....

Since I graduated from high school and ventured out of my home state, I have always been teased about being from Idaho. I've heard it all, so next time you make fun of it and think you are being original...well, you ain't.

While reflecting, I realized how truly blessed I was to grow up in Idaho in the two small communities that I did. These are just some of the things that I am thankful for:
  • A neighborhood where you truly knew and experienced life with your neighbors.
  • The fact there wasn't a lot to do was not a bad thing - we had to be creative and I have incredible memories because of that.
  • Living in a place where having faith in God or strong moral values was not ridiculed.
  • A sense of community - not only within my neighborhood, church, school, and groups, but in the community at large. Something my children will not experience living here.
I am proud to be from Nampa, Idaho.

1 comment:

Amber said...

WHAT?!? 2 posts and I didn't even know it... man, it has been awhile since i've had time to blog :)

Glad you had such a good time in Idaho and that you are proud to claim what a great state it is!

I-DA-HO and U-DA-PIMP!!! Okay, totally lame and unappropriate, but what else have you come to expect from me. For the records, I've never made fun of you from being from Idaho...have I?

LOVE YA