I am thankful to be home.
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my dear brothers & sisters in Christ.
I just got home from spending the past week + in Idaho taking care of my dad while my mom was out of town for a conference. I am so thankful that most of my worries did not come true. God answered our prayers that my dad's health was stable while I was there and I didn't have to make any major decisions about his health or care for him other than meals, chaffeuring, and company. Sam was a great help to me and provided a lot of entertainment and delight for both my father and I.
However, this week was not without its struggles. They included the stomach flu for Sam, a modified version for my dad and I, my parents' dog and an unfortunate collision with a car (he is fine and only a bit bruised), running between Sam and the dog during the middle of the night trying to clean up after them, difficulty sleeping, and general fatigue. And my poor mom came home with a terrible cold, so the time away wasn't as much of a respite as she had hoped.
During this time, I felt covered in prayer by my family and friends. I felt God's presence in the midst of all the daily chores and struggles. When I was at my tiredest and the situation was the most stressful, I was able to shoulder on and laugh at the situation because God gave me a better attitude. I am so thankful that I have a relationship with the Creator of this universe and I know that He is with me.
One of my dear friends Carrie gave me a gift before I left for Idaho. That gift was such an incredible blessing to me while I was gone. Carrie gave me an envelope for each day that included a prayer that she had wrote and Scripture. As God so often does, He led Carrie to write what I needed to hear or meditate on each day - the verses just really matched what I needed that day. It was such a special treat for me to have that envelope to open each day. Carrie, thank you so much. I know that you shared that God put it on your heart to do - but you were obedient and took the time to do it. Thank you so much.
I am thankful.
3 comments:
I too am thankful your trip went as well as it did, that your back home and also that you are my friend :)
Thankful that you and sam are back safe and sound. Loving Christ unity and being able to share life with you.
I'm glad that you made it home safely. It makes my heart happy that the cards came in handy. I know that the Lord wanted to encourage you and I'm thankful that they did the trick!
Post a Comment