
I can't believe she is 4 months old and is just finally getting an appearance on my blog! That just shows how busy she keeps her momma (see the post on COLIC for a clue as to how)!
Life has definitely changed around here with the addition of this little sweetie pie. And now that things are settling down, I'd like to journal a bit about our new one.
Kate is so sweet. She is very ticklish and you can easily make her laugh, especially when changing her diapers or clothes, which she loves you to do.
She turned over from tummy to back for the first time on November 6th, my birthday. Her little body is solid and strong - my guess is due to all that crying she has a rockin' core! She is always stiffening her legs and can hold her own weight for a while.
She loves to watch her brother and talk to her dad. She coos a lot.
She is learning to hold onto toys.
At four months of age, she is already an experienced traveler. She has had one road trip to Idaho and has flown there and back 3 times.
Kate is so pretty. Every day she looks more and more like a little girl. I love her porcelain skin and curly eyelashes.
I can't wait to see her personality continue to develop and get to know her. I am so thankful for her.
Kate has been a different kid from before the beginning. I know that all kids are different, but she has almost been the opposite from Sam in a lot of ways. Some examples:
- It took me 3 1/2 years to conceive Sam. Kate took 4 months.
- Sam was almost 5 weeks early. Kate was induced at 41 weeks.
- Sam loved the car and would fall asleep easily. Kate hates it and screams the majority of the time. Sam falls asleep next to her screaming!
- Sam was pretty chill. Kate had colic.
- Sam was not a good sleeper - didn't sleep through the night until 10-11 months. Kate slept 8 hour stretches after a few weeks. Unfortunately she has ceased doing that, but it was nice for that reprieve during her colic times.
- Even though Sam was early, he was pretty healthy. Kate has been very healthy, but has had lots of small things (ingrown toenails, crossed eyes, clogged tear ducts). She even lactated for a few short days.
- She is getting some chubs on her while Sam never had any.
It will be interesting to see how similar and different they are as they both grow. Right now they love each other and I hope that lasts.
2 comments:
WOW! 2 posts and a FB status all in one day!!! Super impressed. Love the post...she is such a pretty little sweetie.
She is such a cutie pie. I agree, it's amazing how different each one is, it's like learning how to be a mother all over again every time a new one comes along.
Glad things are settling down for you with the colic.
Post a Comment