weary
lonely
sorrowful
hopeful
reflective
overwhelmed
and here's why:
weary...gone from home...even less sleep than normal as I am sharing a bedroom with my two kids...one of which is a daughter who needs to learn to sleep through the night...many burdens on my heart...basically a single parent this week and a part-time caregiver...
lonely...feeling cut off from friends this week...wishing I could be two places at once...missing my honey...
sorrowful...watching stories about Haiti and the devastation they are experiencing...wishing that some of my relationships were different than they are now...
hopeful...seeing my dad walk around with his cane - not the walker, nor the wheelchair, but the cane...having his doctor mention "another year" to him...snuggles with my two snugglebugs...
reflective...so much of my time in life is spent on such unnecessary things...comparing my "problems" with those they are experiencing in Haiti...how can I change some of the relationship issues I mentioned above for the better...why...when...
overwhelmed...my little guy is getting sick...what will the plane ride be like on the way home...hoping we don't have delays or aren't stuck on the plane before takeoff again...so many ideas that I have...will I ever get to do them...what should I spend my time on...never feeling caught up...
and finally...
thankful
thankful...for my Lord & Savior who is with me every second and who is helping me learn the truth and not listen to lies...for my family...for the blessings and opportunities and resources we have in this country...
addendum: apparently this post paints a bleaker picture than my week has actually been (thanks to those who have expressed their concern for my well-being!)... these feelings are not persistent, nor am I experiencing them all at once...they have just been a part of my week and I wanted to write them down...overall, things are status quo...love to all...
2 comments:
Hey... Will pray for you... Missing seeing you!
Happy to hear about your Dad but very sad to hear your struggles this week. Miss you much and look forward to spending sometime with you when you return. Lets get it on the calendar... Hoping Sam feels better soon too.
Love you.
Post a Comment