Friday, April 4, 2008

Lost. Drowning.

I will probably regret this later, but I feel like sharing a little about my feelings after last night's grace group.  I'm already more vulnerable than I've ever been before, so why not publish part of that vulnerability on the world wide web?

Every time we end group, we have to write a feeling word that describes our current feelings. 
Mine last night were:  LOST.  DROWNING.

I feel lost - I don't have any bearings.  All that surrounds me is more of the same - water, water, and more water.  I don't know which way land is.  I feel like I am drowning in the middle of the vast ocean with nothing to hold onto to save me from the impending suffocation of water in my lungs.  Part of me wants to give into the fatigue I am feeling, to stop fighting to stay afloat in my relationships and just let myself since sink into the abyss of self-protection and isolation, where I can hide.

My only bearing that I can find is up - to look up to Christ and rely on His love, comfort, and protection.  So I guess I'll just tread water hoping Christ will be there when I can't last any longer.