Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Day for Me

Thanks to the computer/babysitting swap with the Mitchell's, I have had some free babysitting lately.  Most of the time has been spent working on the house - organizing, cleaning, etc.  But this is my last day, so I decided to give myself a treat.  First, I thought I would spend the day shopping - you know the kind of shopping you used to enjoy before kids - with no time limit, no hurrying before the tantrum starts, no rules.  But then I realized that I have no money - and all that shopping would do was just tempt or depress me.

So I decided to hang out at home, doing stuff I enjoy.  Here is what my day has looked like:

Super cozy Lakeside Sweatshirt & Sweatpants
Hot Chocolate while reading Ephesians
Worship Music
Scrapbooking - working on my Journey to Motherhood scrapbook that I started before Sam was born - maybe someday I'll finish!
Bagel & cream cheese with chocolate milk for lunch
Technical difficulties with my computer & printer, which slowed down the scrapbooking
Coke with cherry syrup - mmmm!
Grape Laffy Taffy
Cudding up on the couch watching Elizabethtown
Sort of giving myself a manicure (basically just cutting my nails down to nubs, shoving the cuticles back, buffing & moisturizing)
Jumbo Smarties
Blogging

Just a few of my favorite things!

Thank you Amber for taking care of my Sam today so I could take care of me!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I am SO glad you made the most of your day. You deserve it!

Love ya

Rachel said...

What an awesome day and a great way to keep the retreat going. LOL

Amber Red said...

You are one lucky lady!! So fun to have that "me" time. And it is a lot more enjoyable when it is free ;)