Pain (a 9-10 on his scale)
Multiple blood clots
2 ambulance rides
2 ER visits
6 days in the hospital
1 Foley Catheter
1 Cystoscopy
1 Stomach Ultrasound
2 Chest XRays
1 Blood Transfusion
Countless pints of fluid to flush out the bladder
2 places where they cauterized bleeding
2-3 IV antibiotic runs
Pseudomonis infection
2 canceled flights
finally The Comeback Kid
is released from the hospital
and flies home
arriving safely last night
and getting a great night's sleep
Thank you friends for your prayers!
I had a nice chat with my mom this morning and while we had originally chosen DC as our vacation destination because my dad loves history and we wanted the memories of taking him there, we learned that the things he wants most (and was most disappointed over missing out on) is time with family, especially his grandkids. So our next ventures will most likely be close by home, filled with less activity and more relaxing time together. They are going to come up here for a week sometime this fall to make up for the time we didn't get last week.
I am so thankful for the countless times my dad has made one of his infamous comebacks. As much as I wish his life wasn't filled with continuous medical drama, I am so blessed to still have him here.
4 comments:
Amen Soul Sista! I am so happy he is doing better and for your "make up" plans this fall. Can I get in on an evening with Ma and Pa when they come?
Your folks are amazing, and I'm so happy that I've gotten to know and love them. I wouldn't trade our family for anything, worrying hospital visits and all!
I'm glad that your parents made it home....I'm also glad to hear that you will get some time with them very soon. Treasure the time you have together...especially the time with your Dad and Sam...it's so precious.
So glad to hear your parents are home and you will get some time together this fall.
Post a Comment