Today's Events:
Well, since we are still on Pacific Time, we stayed up until 3:30-4 am DC time
Mom & Dad came home from the hpl at 2:30 am
Dad's 2nd ride in an ambulance - this time to a different & better hpl
9/11 Pentagon Memorial
Jim Henson exhibit at International Gallery
National Air & Space Museum
Walking by the Capital
National Art Gallery
Playing in the park with Sam
Walking, walking, walking
Sore feet, hot bods (and not the way I looked!)
Pentagon City Mall for dinner and to purchase socks for above mentioned sore feet
Shy Sam becomes the Subway Flirt
Trip to Inova Alexandria Hospital to visit Dad
Greeted warmly & energetically by the Comeback Kid
Back to the hotel for bath, blogging & bed
Poor Dad - he was in incredible pain even after being treated at the ER last night, so we sent him off again after consulting with the dialysis center in Alexandria & Nampa. He being the father that he is, insisted that Chris, Sam & I go out and enjoy our day. So orders received - we did.
Later this evening, at the hospital, I was treated to his color looking good and a great smile - so his new nickname is The Comeback Kid. One of the docs during his hospital stay last fall called him The Energizer Bunny because he keeps going and going and going - but mom thinks that sounds effeminate and I think that bunny is annoying, so I came up with a new one that I think suits him better. He has tests scheduled for tomorrow since there is the possibility of something more than the UTI.
Our plans since Dad will spend most of the day in tests and dialysis where we can't be with him is to explore Old Town Alexandria where we can be close by.
My plan now is to hopefully get some sleep...
High Points:
Seeing Dad's smile this evening
Spotting a potential new hairstyle in one of the museums
The Martin Puryear exhibit in the Art Gallery
Watching Sam flirt & giggle on the subway
The Pentagon Memorial (pics to come later)
Low Points:
Dad's hospital visit
My achy feet & stiff neck
The reason there is a Pentagon Memorial
Not being able to snap a pic of that hairstyle due to it being a No Photography Exhibit
4 comments:
making the most of it all. Love it!
Man, oh man. I was just talking with your mom a little earlier and heard about all this stuff going on. I will be praying for you all and I hope that is a good vaca for everyone despite the not-so-perfect start. Give Rod a kiss from Ella and Robby. Love you guys.
Have been enjoying all your travel posts so much. I can't wait to see all of your pictures. I have never been to D.C. but Kyle has assured me that it is something that we must do with our kiddos some day. I am so sorry to hear that your Dad is not up to par...will continue to pray for him and your Mom...(& you guys too!). Lookin' forward to seeing what you are up to next!
Aw, I had no idea. Not that I'd have any reason to know, but still. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!
Glad you saw bits of hope today from the Comeback Kid.
Post a Comment