Tuesday, September 16, 2008

TravelBlog: Day Four

Today's Events:

Sleeping in (we still are on that Pacific Time)
Old Town Alexandria
Visiting The Comeback Kid
Relaxing at the Hotel

High Point:

Figuring out the bus system in Alexandria
The Chicken Quesadilla I had for lunch - yummy

Low Point:

Grumpiness & miscommunication with My Guy
Another day with Dad in the hospital

I am feeling pretty low tonight.  I'm tired because I can't sleep that well, so that never helps.  I'm weaning myself off Zoloft so who knows how much that is coloring this situation.  I just am so bummed about my dad - my number one reason that I was excited about this trip is to get to experience all this with him.  And he is in the hospital having all these tests run, while we are out having fun.  Mom said that one of the specialists tonight made some comment about hoping to have him out in time for them to fly home on Saturday.  I am just tired of him always having to miss out on things.  And not only is he missing out on things, but he is stuck in the hospital having tests run, eating crappy food, listening to his roommate groan and moan...

I wanted to take my dad to see all the things we are seeing.  I wanted him to get to see Sam do all these new things.  I wanted to have that early morning and late evening time with him and Sam - when Sam is at his silliest and most active.  And now, we just have to visit him for small sections of time since Sam can be a little too much for the hospital room to hold.

I seem to be the one having the hardest time with this change of plans.  I don't even feel like I came here expecting this perfect ideal vacation like I have in the past.  I just wanted time together exploring the city.   

6 comments:

Amber said...

Oh Heather, I'm so sorry. I wish i could fix it all for you. I love you and I'm praying...

Abbey said...

Such a hard situation to be in... I'm praying...

Rachel said...

So sorry Heather. May God's glory be evident in all this for you, your family and those around you all.

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry that your vacation isn't turning out as you had planned. Many prayers for your Dad, your Mom and you all. I know that it isn't always easy in situations like this but remember that God is soverign, has a plan and a purpose for everything...even for your vacation. Love to you!!

Whitney said...

So different for me to be here - while you are all there. It is driving me crazy. Gives me a bit of what you go through each time Dad goes to the hospital here... But I love your new nickname for him. My heart aches - sometimes it just plain sucks. Poor mom, dad, you guys. Yet - we learn so much about tenaciousness...

Amber said...

What happen to day 5? :)

PS- what does tenaciousness mean?