Thursday, November 6, 2008

Birthday Blessings

I turned 34 today.

No longer am I am in early thirties, I am now in my mid-thirties.  That sounds weird to me.  I've never been one to stress about my age, because I feel it is all relative - like they say, you are only as old as you feel.  And I feel young.  Most days that is.

Maybe part of the freedom about turning a year older comes from the fact that I love my birthday so much.  How cool is it to have a day that people celebrate you & take extra time to tell you how they feel about you?!  I am even nice to myself on my birthday - like not making myself clean the house today, giving myself extra "sweet" points, and even laying down a little in my comfy, cozy bed during Sam's nap.

Today was no exception - I feel truly blessed!  Here are some highlights from the day:  getting some down time before Sam woke up this morning, hanging out with Amber, Lilly, and Gus and watching the kiddos play while we got to chat a little, Coke minus the guilt, candy minus the guilt, cupcake minus the guilt, quiet time at home for me, then shopping time alone for me, and now I am even squeezing in some blogging time.

Special birthday blessings included emails and ecards from friends, phone calls from family & dear old friends, extremely loving, thoughtful, and needed gifts (cute hat, babysitting coupons, massages, shopping $), and 3 blog posts dedicated to me by sweet sistas!

Now, no birthday is perfect and this one was no exception.  I had a meeting this evening that I had committed to a year ago, so I couldn't bail.  So instead of going to SFL with my hubs to learn about the Spirit-led life, I went to my stamp meeting.  But the meeting went well and I am back home comfy cozy awaiting my man.

And we get to celebrate together tomorrow night!  

Thank you to all who made this day special for me!  Love Ya!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy birthday to you! So glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Kami said...

Happy Birthday, Heather! We missed you tonight. When do you want to get together? Maybe I should email you but I thought I'd post a comment as well. I'm pretty flexible during the day, but I can do weekend nights as well.

Amber said...

Glad to be part of your birthday blessings!!!

Bina said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a great one. It was neat to read all the birthday tributes on everyone's blogs. In the short time I have known you, the Lord has used you to minister to me with prayer and in your encouraging words and in your encouraging example of walking in the light through your blog. I very much look forward to getting to know you better.

Jess said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Heather (and Chris!) We love you guys, and hope your special days were just that!

Trujess said...

Happy Belated Birthday beautiful!