Thursday, May 1, 2008

A Meaningful Quote

As I said in an earlier post, I am trying to finish my "Journey To Motherhood" scrapbook about my struggles with infertility and how God worked in our lives during that time leading up to the wonderful blessing of Samuel.  I have a bunch of quotes or verses that people gave me during that time.  For some reason, I can't remember who gave me this one, but it was great to reread it on Tuesday.  This works for my life right now as well.

"My Lord God, I have no idea where I am going.  I do not see the road ahead of me.  I cannot know for certain where it will end.  Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I am following your will does not mean that I am actually doing so.  But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you.  And I hope I have that desire in all that I am doing.  I hope that I will never do anything apart from that desire.  And I know that if I do this you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it.  Therefore, I will trust you always, though I may seem to be too lost and in the shadows of death.  I will not fear for you are ever with me, and you will never leave me to face my perils alone."
 - Thomas Merton

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm going to have to copy this one down and peak at it from time to time because it works in my life right now too! Love the quote...love you more!!

Amy said...

I agree with Carrie. This quote seems to sum up things for my life at the moment!