Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Works for me Wednesday...

I have been indulging in a relaxing treat for myself this past week - NAPS!  You see I've been struggling with bad tension headaches due to my neck & shoulder pain and so I've been trying to go easy on myself.  So last week, I took naps during Sam's nap time each day.  Wonderful!

Then on Monday, I got this horrible stomach bug (I'll spare you the gruesome details), so I called in the hubby reserves and spent the day in bed.  Even though I felt horrible, man, did I ever relish just laying there in my super cozy, comfy Tempurpedic bed with nothing to worry about except getting better.  

Sam has been having a rough week since he is teething and so we decided to put him back on 2 naps, since he isn't taking long ones.  So yesterday, even though I was feeling a bit better, I took not one, but 2 luxurious naps!  What a wonderful day...

Today is the first non-nap day and the only good thing so far about skipping that nap is that I have had a chance to catch up on my blog reading...

Here's to naps - may you ever be a part of my life!

6 comments:

Abbey said...

Oh, I hear you on loving the naps...I just wish I could take a nap and then fall asleep before 1:30am that night!

Amber said...

So glad you are taking time out to care good care of you :)

Whitney said...

One reason I adore summer. Today - after helping mom, we all took a nap -one of those unavoidable ones that your body just absorbs. Everyone really relished the time -except for Dexter! Glad you are taking care of yourself! Hope you're feeling better.

Rachel said...

Naps are good!! Despite what the kids say.

Trujess said...

mmm naps!!! I think its funny how most of us hate naps as a kid and then how delicious they eventually become to any sane person. . . glad you could get some needed rest!

Carrie said...

You read my mind!