One of my favorite times in my new life as a SAHM are Mondays. It used to be that when I was working "pre-Sam", on Sunday afternoons, my stress level would start rising until Sunday evening I almost had panic attacks. Why? Well, all my loco brain could think about was everything I hadn't gotten done over the weekend, including fun, relaxing things, and then everything I had to do over the next week. It was always a losing battle of overwhelming frustration.
Now, I look forward to Mondays with Sam. Typically, I don't plan much. I clean my house from the weekend activities & relax with Sam or do projects. I stay in my pajamas instead of getting up & ready and riding the bus to Seattle.
What more could I want for a Monday?
Oh I know... a Monday massage! =)
Happy Monday everyone!
6 comments:
Oh my... sometimes I think you and I are much alike as far as the pre-kid patterns of life and even now... Mondays are low key for me too... my laundry days... I definitely second the Monday massage idea! so I must be a little dense, but what is SAHM?
Duh, nevermind... Stay at home mom... Should've abided by my new mantra: Slow down and THINK! =)
Hey - I just realized I am a SAHM for Sam!
How cute is that!
I'm jealouse you have a day you can call relaxing...those days don't exist in my world right now.
I have often felt the same way about Mondays. It is our day to get on track for the week and I rarely dread them anymore. Sign me up for the Monday massage too. LOL
So... I wonder if I can just remove Monday from my work week... I remember becoming depressed on Saturdays in high school because the next day was Sunday - which was followed by Monday. Even then. Thank God I have the summer for a bit of refreshment - makes the other Mondays more bearable. I love the acronym SAHM. I need one. MWWALHJBMHKSFRGNMW (mom who works and loves her job but misses her kids, so feels relentlessly guilty no matter what) - might be a bit long.
Post a Comment