Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sam Soundbyte

Some of Sam's favorite words/phrases & their translations:

Nawn - On
C U morrow - See you tomorrow
Bone - Phone
Docking - rocking

Yesterday, we were at the store and Sam heard a baby crying.  He kept saying, "Baby.  Crying."  Later on, we got home and for some reason, Sam was having a fit.  He started saying, "Baby.  Crying.  Me.  Crying."  It was so precious!  It was one of the first times that I have noticed him refer to himself (other than Mine!) and provide a description.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Cute post--I love Sam's CU Morrow...while each stage of my girls development have come with fun moments, some of my favorite memories thus far have been watching Talia develop language. Something about them discovering their voice, words, how to communicate is too precious.

Carrie said...

P.S. I'm excited to be able to leave comments again!!

Amber said...

I just love that little guy and his adorable words for all the things he is learning!!!

Abbey said...

Oh, this is so good to have Sam's phrases on record...Are you doing a "paper" record too? Just curious - you're so creative I thought you might have a word log of sorts... I know we'll love looking back on our blogs someday and see how much we and those we love have grown and also reminisce...

Heather said...

Abbey, it was definitely my goal and my expectation of myself to have a "paper" record. But since I am SOOO far behind on scrapbooking, I'm using my blognal to record it with the hope of someday putting it in a baby book or scrapbook. (Notice I said hope - we'll see if it ever actually happen!)